Monday, April 23

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

This is a recipe I got from The Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.

Dry egg replacer to the equivalent of 3 eggs
6 tbs water
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup castor sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
2 1/4 cups self raising flour
1 tsp bi-carb soda
1 tsp salt
1-2 cups dairy-free 'milk' chocolate (i.e. not dark chocolate)
1 cup chopped nuts (optional) - I have not made them with nuts

1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees C and line a baking tray with baking paper. I highly recommend you do this as the first time I made them I didn't use baking paper and they stuck like crazy.

2. In a food processor or blender, whip the egg replacer and water together until it is thick and creamy. Then, in a large bowl, cream the butter, castor sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla essence. Add the egg replacer mixture and thoroughly combine.

3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, bi-carb, and salt. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the wet mixture until it forms a dough.

4. Mix chocolate chips and nuts (if you're using them) into the dough.

5. Spoon out onto lined baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.

As mine didn't turn out because I didn't listen to the recipe and line my baking tray, here is a lovely picture from the book of what they should look like: scrummy.


Happy eating! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!