Monday, January 16

Vegie mash and why it rocks

Vegie mash is one of my favourite meals of all time! It is deliciously addictive and good for you at the same time, and it's not often you come across that! Vegie mash is so easy to make, you can make as much or as little as you want, use whatever's handy, and the leftovers are great for lunch the next day.

To make vegie mash, you just cook up a whole bunch of vegies and mix and mash them up. I usually then either add some cheese or top with Gravox Brown Onion and Garlic Gravy (which is vegan). Though you can pretty much use any vegies that take your fancy (I would avoid ones such as capsicum, however), I always use potato in mine as it binds it all together.

Other vegies that are good to use are carrot, pumpkin, sweet potato, broccoli, peas, corn, zucchini, squash, and finely chopped spinach or silver beet. I am curious about adding some lentils as well but as yet I have never done this so I don't know how it would work out! I add a bit of Nuttelex too because it makes it nice and smooth and brings out the flavours.

If you avoid putting dairy butter or cheese into it, then this meal is vegan. I find that this is the perfect dinner to eat curled up on the lounge in front of the TV, or with a nice book or nice company on a cold night.

Here is some vegie mash with gravy, accompanied by a warming goblet of mead.

Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!