Tuesday, January 10

Monday 9 January 2012

First day back at work today after holidays and then out to dinner at an all you can eat diner for my cousin's birthday. I found myself hungrier today than I have been for the past few weeks, early childhood education burns a lot of energy!

Breakfast
Heinz beans on toast with nuttelex spread, an apple, and a glass of breakfast juice (vegan).

Lunch
Leftovers from last night's dinner, Heinz tomato soup with little pasta shapes (again, vegan alternative: use egg free pasta).

Dinner
All you can eat diner, not too much vegan food, and I even question the vegetarian-ness of some of the food I ate. For example, cheese on a pizza probably contains rennet, chocolate mousse or chocolate pudding could contain gelatin. The cheese thing in particular really annoys me in restaurants because usually everything on the 'vegetarian' menu comes with parmesan on it. Parmesan cheese is not vegetarian. I want to tell them this but I'm too shy. Maybe if they had some kind of anonymous feedback sheet...

Anyway, I started off the night with cauliflower, broccoli, and cheese bake, baked potatoes, roast carrots, and roast pumpkin.

Next, a slice of vegetarian pizza, some sort of bean salad, tomato, and cucumber.
Then, chocolate pudding with chocolate sauce and chocolate custard. Mmmm...
Then last, a bowl of chocolate mousse with sprinkles.
I think it's needless to say that I made myself a bit sick. I always feel like you have to go home sick from an all you can eat place though, otherwise you haven't got your money's worth.

1 comment:

  1. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. vegan food adelaide

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!